• For a convenient and highly efficient liquid supply of calcium using the Balling Method
• The set consists of three salt solutions A, B and C according to the well-known Balling method
• The separate solutions can be added to the tank either directly or by a dosing pump
• Creates highly efficient calcium supplementation to the aquarium while still maintaining the ionic balance
• Contains all 70 trace elements found in natural sea water
• No unnatural by-products
• Without phosphates and other pollutants
• Refill package available with three powdered salt mixtures A, B and C that get separately dissolved in water
• The solubility of these elements is insured by the use of pharmaceutical grade salts of the highest purity
How to use:
BIO-CALCIUM ORIGINAL BALLING Liquid Set consists of three salt solutions A, B and C according to the well-known Balling Method. The three part method adds calcium chloride dihydrate (part A) and sodium bicarbonate (part B), while the addition of sodium chloride-free sea salt (part C) maintains the crucial ionic balance in the aquarium water. This balanced calcium dosage creates the best conditions for good growth of corals and coralline algae and avoids the inevitable decrease of important elements seen in two part methods.
Separately add equal amounts of all three solutions to the tank water daily.
First measure the carbonate hardness and the calcium content of the water. Calculate the total system water volume, taking care to take into account the volume of live rock, external filters and sump tanks present. The addition of 1 fl. oz. / 28 ml of each solution will raise the calcium level of 10 US-Gal. / 35 l by approximately 15 ppm. Maximum recommended dose: 1 1/2 fl. oz. / 44 ml per 10 US-gal. / 35 l of aquarium water per day.
1 liter/0.26 US Gal. Bio-Calcium Liquid A, B and C contain 20,000 mg of calcium and 2800 °dH (= 52 g/1,8 ounces calcium carbonate).
Natural seawater has a calcium level of approximately 410 mg/l and an alkalinity of 6,5 °dH. In aquariums which are high in alkalinity and low in calcium the calcium concentration should be adjusted at first by only adding solution A.
The Refill package BIO-CALCIUM Liquid Refill consists of three powdered salt mixtures A, B and C that get separately dissolved in water. Completely dissolve the contents of the bags as indicated below: Dissolve the bags A, B and C separately in 5,000 ml / 1.3 US Gal. of water each. After mixing, the resulting solutions should be added to the tank water separately as described above either directly or by a dosing pump.
For adjusted trace element supplementation we recommend the Tropic Marin® K+ ELEMENTS and A- ELEMENTS.