Shipping: Eligible for Free Shipping Program
Availability: Out Of Stock
Kent Marine Super Chelated Iron Supplement with Manganese provides bio-available iron to all reef inhabitants. Although present in salt mixes, iron is rapidly used up in the system, and removed through precipitation. Super Chelated Iron Supplement supplies needed iron, manganese, potassium and minor trace minerals for proper growth and health of caulerpa, coralline, and other calcareous marine algae, and those invertebrates which have symbiotic algae living in their tissues. It contains a chelated form of iron which will stay available in the system for long periods of time, supplying algae in a timed release fashion, as needed. It contains no fertilizers which can spur unwanted hair algae or other undesirable growths. Kent Marine Super Chelated Iron Supplement is a proven performer in the difficult marine environment!
Add 1 teaspoon (1 capful or 5 ml) per 50 gallons (190 l) every week or 8 drops each day in normal systems. If particularly trying to grow caulerpas or other macro algae, Super Chelated Iron Supplement can be used at up to 3 times the rated dose, very safely.
Considerations for use:
1) First use an excellent grade of synthetic marine salt (of course Kent Sea Salt is the finest available, but there are some other excellent salts on the market). Some salts are made from evaporated seawater and contain dead plankton and other heavy organics that will foul the water from the beginning. Cheap salt is no bargain! For optimum results, use water prepared by reverse osmosis (particularly in mini-reefs), however dechlorinated tap water will work.
2) Use Kent Marine Aquarium pH BUFFER or Superbuffer-dKH to maintain alkalinity at about 10 dKH (do not allow it to go below 8 and don't exceed 12). This will provide proper pH stability, and still not cause heavy precipitation of important minerals, such as calcium and strontium.
3) Use Kent Kalkwasser Mix, Concentrated Liquid Calcium, or Turbo-Calcium to supply needed calcium to invertebrates and calcareous algae. Use Strontium and Molybdenum or Turbo-Strontium to provide heavy amounts of strontium. Kent Coral-Vite will supply rubidium, lithium, barium and other important minerals as well as essential vitamins to the reef. Coral-Vite, Essential Elements and this product are designed to work together in a reef environment.
4) Use reverse osmosis water for topping off for evaporation.
5) Use this product regularly to maintain proper iron levels, to replace that which will be used by algae and removed through natural processes.
Deionized water, iron, manganese, cobalt, minor trace minerals, chelant, and stabilizers.
Not for human consumption. For Aquarium/Ornamental fish use only! Not for fish used for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children!