(Our Local Time: 10:26:49 pm )
Sera Med Professional Protazol NEW 25ml
At the time of listing this item, we have (4) unit in stock. Subject to quantity on hand only. If item is not available, we will notify you asap.
Ichthyopathogenic unicellular organisms are the cause for many fish diseases. Among them,, the white spot disease pathogen Ichthyophthirius multifiliis is certainly the most important one. Almost every aquarist has come into unpleasant contact with this dangerous pathogenic ciliate. The parasites infect the whole fish stock in the aquarium within shortest time. As these single-celled organisms mainly parasitise on the fish skin, young fish or those that have only small scales are particularly in danger. The active agent in Protazol, Bis(4-dimethylamino-phenyl) phenyl methylium hydroxide (malachite green base), is highly effective against swarmer stages of the parasite. At the same time it is tolerated well by the fish. Besides Ichthyophthirius multifiliis, Protazol is also effective against other ichthyopathogenic ciliates such as Trichodina sp. and Chilodonella sp. Note: In case of an infestation with Ichthyophthirius multifiliis, raising the aquarium water temperature to 30 ŚC during treatment in several steps will increase chances for a successful treatment.
Recent Blog Posts
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
- Maxspect Razor 16K LED Fixture
- Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps on SALE
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395