(Our Local Time: 2:04:55 am )
Salifert Iodine Test .01-.15 ppm 40 test
Iodine is present in NSW (Natural seawater) in a very low concentration (0.06 mg/L or 0.06 ppm).
Iodine occurs as different species. Some of them are iodide, iodate and hypoiodite.
Generally when we say iodine then we mean one or more iodine species without a clear distinction being made. NSW contains predominantly iodate and to a slight extent iodide.
There is however a misconception among many hobbyists that iodide predominates in NSW. This is however false.
Test kits which are not capable in detecting iodate might not really be suitable for aquarium use. Since in an aquarium iodide can be transferred to iodate. This means that if a test kit is used not capable in detecting iodate, a false low total iodine concentration (sum of iodate and iodide) will be obtained and the iodate concentration can climb far too high and possibly upsetting the aquarium environment.
The Salifert Iodine Profi Test measures all naturally occurring iodine species such as iodate, iodide, molecular iodine and hypoiodite. No other test kit offers this possibility.
Salifert's Natural-Iodine additive is highly concentrated and contains a large portion iodate and also some iodide.
Salifert stands alone in offering such an advanced and well thought formulation.
Approx. a total of 40 tests per kit. Measures iodide and iodate (together with hypoiodite and molecular iodine) in separate steps.
Recent Blog Posts
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
- Maxspect Razor 16K LED Fixture
- Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps on SALE
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395