(Our Local Time: 7:14:02 pm )
Korallin Kalkreaktor - For Up To 800G
- Top-loading & access w/ enhanced O-ring seal
- 'Auto-fill' Integrated Bubble Counter on one water circuit (ie: water never evaporates)
- Detachable Tru-Union couplings w/ O-rings for easy handling, safe shipping, upgrading and leak proof
- Integrated 'industrial-grade' Brass Check Valve from German Air Pressure Systems to prevent back flow of pressurized saltwater
- Improved engineering for stronger water circulation and suction
- Secure German airline tubing connectors
- Medical-use Miniature Quick Disconnect Couplings w/ shut-off
- Inlet & outlet facing same direction
- Special elbow for flexible airline tubing mounting
- Heavy-duty Excelon construction w/ no unsightly and fragile hangover tubing
- Top pump-mounting design
- Self-suction water intake by the silent Eheim pump eliminates the use of a dedicated powerhead, gravity-fed or tee-off methods. It also serves for water recirculation.
- Water circuit interruption in case of CO2 overdose - our exclusive CO2 Safety Feature
- Visual 100% CO2 saturation check for maximum Ca / KH production. Visual non-dissolvable excessive CO2 check w/ ventilation valve for quick release - you know exactly how it is functioning, no guess work or blind operating guidelines to follow
- Dual effluent outlets to suit different systems
- Aspirating-Venturi technology utilizes only 10 CO2 bubbles / min. and up - most efficient use of both CO2 gas and CaCO3 media
- Functions immediately, no 'break-in period' required like other brands
- The most compact and versatile positioning Kalkreaktor in its class - 6.25" small foot print + 15.75" total height - external or in-sump
- Micro-adjustable miniature ball valve to maintain a consistent effluent drip rate
- Oversized (German specs.) airline tubing for more consistent water flow
- Strainer to protect Eheim pump from loose media particles
As you realized by now, the already best-selling Kalkreaktor (Calcium Reactor) in Germany has become even better. It completely replaces Kalkwasser, 1or 2-part Calcium / Buffer powder & liquid dosing. Our Kalkreaktor allows a simple, elegant and high efficacy way to produce calcium hydrogen carbonate including the necessary balanced carbonic acid. Sit back and watch your aquarium's pH and dKH being kept at optimum levels. Together with our reliable CO2 System, this is the most maintenance-free Kalkreaktor setup in the world.
Ca2+ + 2HCO3 = Ca(HCO3)2 = CaCO3 + H2CO3 Calcium + Hydrogen Carbonate = Calcium Hydrogen Carbonate = Calcium Carbonate + Carbonic Acid
A Kalkreaktor setup (ie: one with CO2 System and CaCO3 media) is expensive only at the beginning. You save money in the long term because a 5-pound CO2 refill ($12) lasts you 1.5 years on our Kalkreaktor (and only ours) while a 7-kg CaCO3 media ($39 and good enough for 2 refills) lasts you up to 1 year! And no more tedious daily Calcium dosing.
A pH Controller is not required for our Kalkreaktor because there is no chance for the non-dissolvable excessive CO2 to escape into your system unlike ALL other brands on the market. A pH Monitor is a nice equipment to have for fast pH measuring. Though pH Test Kit and pH Pen-monitor can still be used for this purpose.
Each Kalkreaktor Model includes:
Kalkreaktor body w/ integrated Bubble Counter and all necessary parts, valves and attachments
Eheim Pump w/ 24-month warranty
Industrial-Grade Brass Check Valve w/ clip
Airline Tubing w/ elbow attachments
Miniature Quick Disconnect Couplings (1 set)
Minimum accessories to purchase for setup:
CO2 System (comes complete w/ dual gauge, Precision Needle & Solenoid Valves)
CO2 Cylinder (w/ Cylinder Valve) **check into buying or renting locally**
KORALlith CaCO3 Media (15 pounds) or CaribSea ARM 8 pounds
pH & Alkalinity Test Kits or Monitor
C-1501 - Rated for up to 400g. Reactor height: approx. 15.75"; Diameter: 4.5"; Ground: 6.25"; Filling amount: 3 kg. Eheim 1046 Pump
C-3001 - Rated for up to 800g. Reactor height: approx. 29"; Diameter: 4.5"; Ground: 6.25"; Filling amount to 6.5 kg. Eheim 1048 Pump
C-4001 - Rated for up to 1600g. Reactor height: approx. 24"; Diameter: 6.30"; Ground: N/A"; Filling amount to 13 kg. Eheim 1250 Pump - this item is not yet available
The internal recirculation flow rate of the C-1501 is around 80 g/h. Since that this is a pressurized Kalkreaktor, the dissolution of the media by the carbonized water is enhanced. The effluent rate is only about 0.25 g/h at 40 drops / min. Thus explaining the efficient CO2 & media use. CO2 is being introduced into the Eheim powerhead direct - this is the most efficient Aspirating-Venturi method.
Recent Blog Posts
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
- Maxspect Razor 16K LED Fixture
- Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps on SALE
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395