(Our Local Time: 8:46:25 pm )
Sustainable Aquatics is proud to announce a never-before-seen variety of the A. ocellaris clownfish, the Frostbite! This fish is an astonishing product of the crossing of two different mutations, the “white” designer and the “snow” designer. Combining these produced a dramatic and unexpected result! With a mostly white body, the Frostbite is similar in appearance to the Wyoming White, but has a series of spots on its body. There are two versions of the Frostbite: “Chilled”, with less spots, and “Frozen”, with more spots. These clownfish have an impressive appearance and will add the “wow” factor to any aquarium for both you and your customers.
As the fish matures, these spots generally turn black. The Frostbite clown also has a characteristic black outline on the preoperculum and opercular gill covering and a serrated-looking transition from the white body to the black and orange coloration on the fins.
Frostbites do well in both reef and fish-only systems. As with most clownfish, they can become territorial in smaller tanks if other fish are present. SA recommends systems of 20 gallons or more. Like all varieties of the common clownfish, the Frostbite can grow to about 3 inches in length and feeds on most prepared foods including frozen and pellet diets. SA recommends using our Dry Hatchery Diet pellet to ensure a smooth transition from our hatchery to your home aquarium.
Recent Blog Posts
- Maxspect 43.5" Razor 300w 16K LED Fixture
- AI Directors are HERE - control your AI LEDS from ...
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395