(Our Local Time: 10:24:11 am )
Elos Carbonate Hardness Kit
The alkalinity of a solution refers to its capacity to buffer against drops on pH. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charges ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borates and hydroxides in the aquarium water.
The concentrations of these ions determines the buffering capacity of the water to maintain proper pH.
If the percentage of the hydrogen carbonate and carbonate ions is too low, the pH value of the water may drop severely (acidity drop) causing a life threatening condition for many plants, invertebrates and fish.
The ideal value of KH in aquarium is:
- for seawater aquarium 7 dKH° to 10 dKH°
- planted freshwater aquarium 3 dKH° to 7 dKH°
Because of the importance of KH, it is necessary to keep inside our aquariums, the proper KH Level, testing it with an accurate test kit.
ELOS AquaTest KH, as well as all the other titrimetric test kit of this line, grants an high precision thanks to several procedures like the use of calibrated dropper with constant and predefined drops of 0,05 ml each, the validation of its quality, thrugh NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples, in order to grant accuracy and constant results, the carefull stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the most actual and fresh production batch.
High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
High number of test per kit: up to 60 tests (with a standard level of 10 dKH)
""Safe reagents"": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of Elos test kit are based on Toxic Reagents.
Recent Blog Posts
- AI Directors are HERE - control your AI LEDS from ...
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
- Maxspect Razor 16K LED Fixture
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395