(Our Local Time: 11:39:32 pm )
Elos Carbonate Hardness Kit
:: KH Alkalinity Test - Carbonate Hardness
Alkalinity is essentially a means of quantifying the stability of pH in a solution, such as aquarium water. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charged ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxides in the aquarium water. If left unchecked, the alkalinity drops below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than is normally suggested (a daily pH shift of +/-0.2 is normal in marine aquaria), causing stress to livestock. In a marine aquarium, the alkalinity should be between 7° and 10° dKH (German carbonate hardness). In a fresh water aquarium it should never drop below 3° dKH.
Elos AquaTestKH makes it possible to quickly determine the buffering capacity of your aquarium water. It is an high quality product that offers high accuracy thanks to several procedures including: calibrated lab droppers with consistent and predefined drops size, NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples to validate reagents and strict stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the fresh test production batch available.
Grading: each drop equals 0,5 dKH°
Recent Blog Posts
- Pre-Order the Neptune MPR Now!
- Maxspect 43.5" Razor 300w 16K LED Fixture
- AI Directors are HERE - control your AI LEDS from ...
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395