(Our Local Time: 3:10:49 am )
Elos Nitrate (NO3) Kit
:: Nitrate test for aquarium
Biological filtration is a method that uses naturally occurring nitrifying bacteria to detoxify nitrogenous wastes. One type of bacteria (Nitrosomonas spp.) converts ammonia to nitrite while another naturally occurring bacteria (Nitrobacter spp.) converts the nitrite into a far less harmful form of nitrogen waste: nitrate. Nitrate is the final stage of the nitrify. Many invertebrates, unlike fish, are not tolerable to high nitrate concentrations. As a result, it is extremely important to make sure that nitrate levels do not reach high levels. In freshwater aquaria the optimal level of Nitrate should be below 20 mg/lt. Values of over 75 mg/lt should be avoided at all costs. In marine aquarium their level should not exceed 20 mg/l. A level of 5-10 mg/lt is the maximum for reef aquariums.
The NO3 reagent from ELOS, especially developed for fresh water and sea water aquarium, allows the determination of the Nitrate level with the help of a finely tuned colour scale which shows a range of 5 – 75 mg/Lt
Precise, thanks to the calibrated droplet
Simple to use
Equipped with precision colour chart, measuring vial and syringe
Practical thanks to the easy-opening pack
Recent Blog Posts
- Maxspect 43.5" Razor 300w 16K LED Fixture
- AI Directors are HERE - control your AI LEDS from ...
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395