(Our Local Time: 8:18:31 am )
Brightwell Aquatics NitratR - 67.6oz
• Highly-selective for nitrate.
• Will not negatively impact water quality, nor release nitrate once exhausted.
• Synthetic polymer resin beads provide for durability and excellent flow characteristics; may be employed in fluidized-bed, canister, or passive filtration.
• Regenerable over 250 times, dramatically increasing cost effectiveness.
• Will not impact alkalinity in aquaria as some competing products may. Prior to first use, rinse each 500ml of resin by passing 4 quarts of fresh water through it in a steady stream; discard water once completed.
Nitrate Adsorption Resin
Basic Instructions and Guidelines: To initially lower excessive nitrate, each 500ml of NI T R A T will remove 20ppm nitrate in 100 US-gallons of water (or 10ppm per 200 US-gallons). When nitrate concentration remains unchanged or begins to increase, regenerate as described below. Advanced Instructions and Guidelines: To a point, effectiveness of resin is directly related to the reaction time it has with aquarium water; the longer the reaction time, the more effectively it will remove nitrate. Once the nitrate concentration reaches a nearly-immeasurable level, NITRAT will continue to remove nitrate as it is produced in natural biological reactions. Remove and regenerate resin when NO3 begins to increase, then reapply to facilitate continued nitrate removal. In all cases, the use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from water prior to its interaction with this media will prolong effectiveness. Fluidized-bed filtration: follow instructions of filter manufacturer for optimal volume of media to use in reaction chamber; start at a low flow rate and adjust to keep media in a steady "churn" within lower 2/3 of chamber; flow rate should not be such that resin is ejected into aquarium. Canister filtration: Load resin into filter cartridge as directed by filter manufacturer; leave resin in place until NO3 reaches desired level or remains unchanged, as directed above. Slowing the flow of water through the filter may be required to obtain maximum effectiveness of resin. Passive filtration: Place resin loosely in a 300µm mesh filter bag and locate in an area of low to medium-flow. Turning bag over periodically during usage will serve to shift the resin beads and increases effectiveness of this method. To regenerate: Dissolve 4 cups table salt in 1 US-gallon of room-temperature water per 250-ml NITRAT to be regenerated in a clean pail; place resin into pail and stir; allow beads to soak overnight; strain and rinse beads thoroughly in fresh water before re-using. Do not regenerate with bleach, which will damage resin and could kill aquarium inhabitants. Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption Note: Resin sold moist. Keep closed to prevent drying. Weight varies due to moisture content, therefore product is sold by volume rather than weight.
Recent Blog Posts
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
- ReefBrite smaller LEDs, 8" to 24" had a nice ...
- Maggie Muffler - Overflow Standpipe Silencer
- Maxspect Razor 16K LED Fixture
- Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps on SALE
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395