(Our Local Time: 10:18:26 am )
20K 70W DE XM HALIDE BULB
* A high quality, well made bulb.
* When mounting a double ended bulb, make sure not to touch the outer glass with your bare hands. All fingerprints should be wiped off with a clean cloth soaked with alcohol.
* Extra care should be taken while installing any 250W HQI lamp. They can be very tricky, requiring equal pressure on both ends as you insert into the sockets. * Warning: Be sure you properly position all 250W HQI bulbs into their sockets. If they are not installed properly, they can cause an arc that will melt the metal contact's. We cannot warrant such a failure, should the bulb be placed incorrectly into the socket. Please be aware.
* Do not mount "double ended" HQI type bulbs without a UV filtering glass shield!! This bulb will put out UV radiation which can damage your eyes and skin, as well as your animals in the tank. The bulb MUST BE burned behind a protective glass sheet.
The XM 10,000K is crisp white in color and is designed to simulate sunlight at shallow depths in the ocean. XM 10,000K lamps have the highest average par rating of any lamp on the market today.
The XM 15,000K is the result of extensive research and development. The 15,000K is designed to provide the correct spectrum of light without the use of actinic supplementation. This lamp alone creates a crisp blue color similar to medium depths on the coral reefs.
The XM 20,000K is the preferred lamp of many well known coral farmers and distributors. The 20,000K produces a deep blue appearance that brings out color like no other spectrum. This lamp creates a look similar to those found on deeper levels of the coral reefs
Spec XM HQI Graphs:
|10K 250W||15K 150W||15K 250W||20K 150W||20K 250W||20K 70W|
What type of ballast is recommended for XM lamps?
•150W ANSI M81
•250W ANSI M80
Q. One of the ends of my bulbs appears melted, is this under warranty?
A. No. 250W HQI bulbs require proper installation into the sockets. If they are not pushed all the way in, it is possible that the high voltage running the lamp will "melt" one or both ends if they are not seated correctly. Be sure to push your bulb all the way into the socket. If you are not sure how to do it properly, please seek help from someone who knows.
Q. The end of my bulb chipped while I installed it. What can I do?
A. Unfortunately, the manufacturer will not accept any kinds of returns for bulbs broken or chipped by the user. With the exception of bulbs broken in transit, we cannot accept any claims on chipped or broken bulbs. We inspect / test all bulbs before they leave our warehouse to insure they are in new condition, and working. Be extra careful while installing these bulbs.
Q. What kind of glass should I use to shield this bulb?
A. Most regular glass will filter out UV rays. Of course, we are not glass experts, so we recommend that you go to your local Hardware Store, Glass Shop or Frame Store to find out which glass will filter the most UV. You can use tempered glass, since HQI type bulbs burn at a very hot temp, but are not required to.
Recent Blog Posts
- Aqua Pro MicMol Color LED Aquarium Light
- Pre-Order the Neptune MPR Now!
- Maxspect 43.5" Razor 300w 16K LED Fixture
- AI Directors are HERE - control your AI LEDS from ...
- CPR Nano & Mini Reactor Tumbler
- New JBJ LED Nano Cube Aquariums
- New Omega One Frozen Foods - made in USA
- Cobalt Aquatics Protein Skimmer Pumps
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater (Plastic LED)
- Blue Life Clear FX PRO All-in-one Filtration Media...
6050 E. Hanna, STE 4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ph. 317-895-9005 fx. 317-895-9395